Shango New Orleans Bistro & Wine Bar

Shango New Orleans Bistro & Wine Bar

Shango: New Orleans Bistro & Wine Bar

3260 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214

(716) 837-2326  *  http://www.shangobistro.com/

5 / 5 Buffalos

A friend of mine suggested going to Shango for a girls’ night.  I had never heard of it, but when she mentioned that it was a New Orleans bistro, I got extremely excited!  While entering, there was a curtain to block the wind for when the door opened!  This is fundamental, as who wants to sit near the door in a cold Buffalo winter!  The venue was appropriately dimmed, the seating areas were cozy and quaint, and the paintings were New Orleans relevant.  Ted, our server, was professional, friendly, and accommodating.  There was an extensive wine and beer list and Ted was very knowledgeable to recommend a beer that matched my liking.  I got the Creole Bouillabaisse (shrimp, scallops, crab, mussels & catfish, seafood tomato broth, fennel, peppers, onions, red potatoes).  It was like a seafood dream in a bowl! The mussels were luscious, the fish fell apart in my mouth, and the shrimp were behemoth!  The dish was very flavorful.  The only part that I left behind were some of the potatoes.  I want to go backto try the Blackened Loch Duart Salmon (shrimp & Andouille farro jambalaya, arugula, horseradish truffle oil vinaigrette).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s